What Does TPMS Mean?
What does TPMS mean? TPMS refers to your vehicle’s Tire Pressure Monitoring System, and if you see this yellow light pop on, you should make your way to a service center as soon as possible.
Your TPMS tracks your vehicle’s tire pressure by using sensors in each tire, and if it senses that one or more of your tires are not at the recommended tire pressure for your make and model, the TPMS warning light will pop up on your dashboard.
TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM FEATURES
The benefit of a Tire Pressure Monitoring System is that you know right away if your tire pressure is not where it should be without having to check your tires manually. The TPMS dashboard warning light might look like a flat tire with an exclamation point in the middle of it, or it might just be the illuminated letters “TPMS.” Underinflated tires can lead to a host of issues on Auburn streets:
- Poor traction
- Decreased load carrying capability
- A flat tire or blowout
- Poor fuel economy
Not only is proper tire pressure important in minimizing the risk of an accident in Phenix City, it also helps to prolong the life of your tires and optimize fuel economy.
PROPERLY INFLATED TIRES
You can expect issues with your tires if they are underinflated or overinflated. However, a properly inflated tire can:
- Reduce tread movement which leads to a longer lifespan for your tire
- Reduce rolling resistance for a more efficient drive
- Increase water dispersion to minimize the chance of hydroplaning
If you are not sure about the recommended tire pressure for your make and model, consult your owner’s manual or the inside of your driver side door frame.
You have several options when it comes to filling up your tires:
- Many gas stations have tire filling areas separate from the pump station.
- You can take your vehicle to the Opelika Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram service center for full tire service.
- If you need a little more air in your tires quickly, a bike pump can work in a pinch!
KEEP YOUR TIRES IN PEAK CONDITION WITH OPELIKA FORD CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM
Tire care is essential for optimal performance and safety on Opelika roads. If you have questions about tire maintenance, do not hesitate to ask the team at Opelika Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. We want to make sure your vehicle is performing at its best for many years to come.