Ford Suggested Maintenance Guide
Whether you’re driving a brand new Ford, you have a dependable old F-150, or you drive a CPO model, you should follow Ford’s scheduled maintenance and have your routine maintenance performed at a trusted Ford service center. Not sure what services your Ford should have and when? That’s why we’re here, with a guide to Ford scheduled maintenance for our Opelika and Columbus, GA drivers.
WHAT FORD SERVICE DOES MY VEHICLE NEED NOW?
If you’re asking yourself this question, you should probably be consulting your owner’s manual as well as our Ford scheduled maintenance guide. Our guide to Ford service outlines the broad strokes, but your specific vehicle may require a different schedule. First, you should expect to have oil changes, filter replacements, and tire rotations done regularly — about 3 to 4 times a year or every 7,500 to 10,000 miles.
That 7,500 to 10,000 mile range will depend on your vehicle, and if you drive off-road, tow, or subject your vehicle to unusual levels of wear and tear, you should stop by our service center more often. This mileage interval also serves as the baseline for your Ford scheduled maintenance guide with some additional services you’ll want to have on your list next time you bring your vehicle in.
EVERY 7,500 TO 10,000 MILES
- Multi-point inspection
- Lubricate unsealed joints
- Brake and parking brake inspections
- Exhaust system and cooling system inspections
Ford Service Over 100,000 Miles
Once your vehicle has reached 100,000 miles on the odometer, you won’t want to stop your regular Ford service at 7,500 to 10,000 miles, but you should expect to do some additional maintenance if you want to keep driving around Auburn or Phenix City.
You should replace spark plugs every 100,000 miles or as needed and inspect accessory drive belts at 140,000 miles.
SERVICE AT 150,000 MILES
- Replace accessory drive belts
- If manual transmission, replace the fluid
- Replace orange coolant
- Change engine air filter
Extended Ford Service and Warranty Coverage
Between the standard 3-year/36,000-mile factory warranty and 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty, unexpected Ford service should be covered. If you want added peace of mind, there are extended Ford Service packages and warranty coverage, including:
- PowertrainCARE: This plan covers 29 components of your Ford within the engine, transmission, RWD, and FWD.
- BaseCARE: This plan covers 84 components with additions such as steering, brakes, front suspension, A/C and heating, and electrical components.
- ExtraCARE: This plan covers 113 components related to your tech and convenience features such as keyless entry and power window motors.
- PremiumCARE: This plan covers over 1,000 components of your Ford to provide the ultimate care and maintenance for your vehicle.
Rely on Trusted Ford Service at Opelika Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Now that you know how often to keep up with your Ford service, we hope to see you in our Opelika service center regularly. Have questions about your particular vehicle’s maintenance needs? We’re here to help. Contact us today or schedule your service appointment online to get started.