What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
When truck shoppers research the new 2020 Ford F-150, one of the top things they search is: “What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150?” The new Ford F-150 towing capacity is quite impressive, but it will vary based on the engine and configuration that you choose. With that said, the 2020 Ford F-150 boasts a maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds when properly equipped. Learn about the different towing capabilities before visiting Opelika Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram to find the Ford truck that meets your driving demands around Columbus, GA.
F-150 Towing Capacity By Engine
When browsing the entire F-150 lineup, you will have six engine options available, so Auburn drivers won’t have trouble finding the model that fits their towing demands. Below is a look at your six engine options:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 7,700 pounds
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 8,500 pounds
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 11,600 pounds
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 11,500 pounds
- High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 8,000 pounds
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds
The Ford F-150 also has seven trim levels, as well as three cabs, two drivetrains (4×2 and 4×4), and different wheelbases. Each of these features will influence how much your 2020 F-150 can tow around Phenix City.
Ford F-150 Towing Features
Columbus, GA drivers can boost the 2020 Ford F-150’s towing capabilities through various available features, which makes hauling greater loads easier and more controlled. A few examples include:
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™: Synchronizes the truck and trailer when in reverse for smooth back ups.
- Dynamic hitch assist with a line-of-sight guide: Directs the hitch to the trailer receiver for smooth connections.
- 8-inch productivity screen: Displays important trailer information.
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller: Syncs truck and trailer brakes for smooth braking.
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage: Alerts you to vehicles or objects in your blind spot or along the trailer.
Experience the F-150 Towing Capacity at Opelika Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram!
Are you ready to explore the Ford F-150 towing capacity even further? Make the drive from the Auburn area to visit Opelika Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram for an exciting test drive, as well as to explore the different technology and safety features, the exterior color options, and so much more. If you have additional questions about the F-150 pickup truck or our financing offers, need help deciding between the RAM 1500 and the F-150, or would like to schedule a test drive, don’t hesitate to give us a call! You can also get approved for financing and get an estimate on your monthly car payments online. We’re ready to get you behind the wheel of a new Ford F-150 for sale in Opelika.
More from Opelika Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
The 2020 RAM 1500 has established itself as a strong pickup option for Columbus, GA-area drivers, even amongst strong competition like the Ford F-150. Given the new RAM 1500’s performance features, technology, safety systems, and style, it’s clear why this truck comes out ahead. And with six distinct 2020 RAM 1500 trim levels from which to choose,…
When truck shoppers research the new 2020 Ford F-150, one of the top things they search is: “What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150?” The new Ford F-150 towing capacity is quite impressive, but it will vary based on the engine and configuration that you choose. With that said, the 2020 Ford F-150…
The 2020 Jeep Wrangler boasts serious off-road capabilities, but beyond performance, this Jeep SUV also exudes confidence in its style. And with a range of Jeep Wrangler colors from which to choose, you can even personalize it to make a statement on the Columbus, GA streets. Explore this guide to Wrangler paint options, and then browse…