If you are looking to drive a new vehicle in Columbus, GA but do not want the full commitment of vehicle ownership, leasing a car may be a great option for you. How does car leasing work? The process is actually quite simple. You can enjoy a vehicle with all of the latest bells and whistles for a couple of years, then swap it out for a new model with the most current updates. Opelika Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram has provided this guide on how to lease a car so you can see if it is the right option for your driving needs and budget.
HOW TO LEASE A CAR
While you may be familiar with traditional automotive financing, that is not your only option. Many savvy Auburn shoppers choose to lease for its convenience and flexibility. Not sure how to lease a car? Simply follow the steps below:
- Once you have narrowed down your search, decide on a down payment amount. As the amount of your down payment increases, your monthly payments will decrease.
- Check out our lease specials to see if the vehicle of your choice qualifies for additional offers.
- Peruse the terms of the lease. Pay close attention to details like mileage limits. If you exceed the mileage limits or there is excess wear and tear on the vehicle, you will be charged a penalty when you return the vehicle to the dealership.
- Be familiar with the vehicle’s routine maintenance schedule. Many vehicle leases require that you adhere to this service schedule.
RETURNING A LEASED VEHICLE
Now that you are familiar with the basics of how to lease a car, you may be wondering what you have to do when it is time to return the vehicle.
- Submit your car for a pre-inspection.
- Fix the issues that were noted in the inspection.
- Have the vehicle washed and detailed.
- Clear the settings from the entertainment/infotainment system.
- Have all lease documents on hand along with the vehicle’s maintenance history.
- Take care of any remaining fees.
Now that the terms of your lease are complete, you have the option of extending the lease, purchasing the vehicle you have grown to love, or choosing a brand new vehicle.
LEASING VS. BUYING
While traditional financing has its own perks, there are several reasons to consider leasing your next vehicle with Opelika Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram.
- Lower Monthly Payments – Your monthly payment is based on the value of the vehicle when the lease ends. That is why you can expect lower monthly payments than you would be offered with traditional financing.
- Warranties – If you stay within the mileage limits, your vehicle should be protected by warranty for the duration of the lease.
- The Latest Features – If you like driving a new vehicle with the most up-to-date technology, leasing is ideal.
- Lower Sales Tax – Leasing a vehicle reduces sales tax in many states.
- Simpler Trade-In Process – You do not have to worry about selling the car when it’s time for something new.
LEARN MORE ABOUT LEASING WITH OPELIKA FORD CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM
Now you know the answer to, “How does leasing a car work?” If you still have questions about the process of leasing, do not hesitate to contact the team at Opelika Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram. We would be more than happy to provide you with the information you need.